We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which hotels and attactions not to be missed

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
10 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Which hotels and attactions not to be missed

I would be in Vienna for 2 full days with my wife...Please suggest places which are must sees...we like countryside views. Would it be tough to visit Salzburg and budpest (I have heard a lot about these two places)

Also can you suggest which of the following hotel would be closer to Vienna State Opera house.

Hotel Mercure Wien Zentrum

Hotel Mercure Wien City

Hotel Mercure Secession Wien

Milford, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,522 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which hotels and attactions not to be missed

Can you please provide dates of your visit and your budget? Also, the visit to Salzburg or Budapest - is that in addition to two days in Vienna or were you using one of your Vienna days to possibly make the side trip??

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
10 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which hotels and attactions not to be missed

I would visit there on June 20...not on high budget because I would reach there from Zurich after spending 1 week there...I have in total 2 full days in Vienna and one of the days I would visit either Salzburg or Budapest....One day I would like to explore Vienna and around

Also do you know the exact locations of the hotels I mentioned?

Milford, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,522 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which hotels and attactions not to be missed

Considering you are coming from Zurich and on a budget, I would suggest spending both days in Vienna. There is so much to see and do in Vienna that you really need 4 or 5 days. Based on location, I would stay at the Hotel Mercure Wien Zentrum - it's in the first district, walking distance to the city center and all the major sites (except Schonbrunn).

Hotel Mercure Wien Zentrum - 1st district (Inner Stadt) - near Schwedenplatz - 2-3 minutes to nearest ubahn station (about 2 blocks around corner).

Hotel Mercure Wien City - 2nd district - across the Danube outside the Inner Stadt - short walk (5-6minutes) to nearest ubahn station.

Hotel Mercure Secession Wien - 6th district - short walk into the inner stadt and to ubahn station.

Have a great time in Vienna!

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
10 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which hotels and attactions not to be missed

Great! Thanks for the information.

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
15,920 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which hotels and attactions not to be missed

I second KimBux's recommendation not to use one of your two days in Vienna for a day trip - there's far too much to see and do in Vienna. I'm intrigued that you allocate a week to Zurich and only two days to Vienna which has much more to see and do!

6. Re: Which hotels and attactions not to be missed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 April 2014, 05:15