We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels - marriott and hilton

Boston
Level Contributor
107 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels - marriott and hilton

We will be visiting Vienna for 2 nights late may. We are members of marriott and hilton. Which hotel would you recommend for location, cleanliness, and price (about $200-250/night max). Vienna marriott, courtyard Vienna messe, imperial riding school, renaissance, hilton Vienna plaza, hilton Danube. Or recommend something else with more local charm. Radisson or meridian? Traveling with family 6 in total.

Mentioned in this post
Vienna
Vienna
Vienna Region, Austria
Vienna Marriott Hotel
Vienna Marriott Hotel
2,010 Reviews
Vienna, Austria
Courtyard by Marriott Vienna Prater/Messe
Courtyard by Marriott...
862 Reviews
Vienna, Austria
Hilton Vienna
Hilton Vienna
3,504 Reviews
Vienna, Austria
Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
1,748 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels - marriott and hilton

I'm afraid you won'tfind much local charm in a Marriott or Hilton hotel. Check the TA hotel rankings for well reviewed and centrally located hotels. As to the hotels you mention: I'd probably go for the Hilton Vienna Plaza or the Vienna Marriott for their central location (many sights in the mostly pedetrianized central district are walkable from those).

Mentioned in this post
Hilton Vienna Plaza
Hilton Vienna Plaza
1,553 Reviews
Vienna, Austria
Vienna Marriott Hotel
Vienna Marriott Hotel
2,010 Reviews
Vienna, Austria
Wien, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
4,036 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels - marriott and hilton

As written above none have a particular charm , just normal American hotel chains.

Please have a look in some other great hotels in the Inner City.

There are several threads about good hotels in the 1st district

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
2,526 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels - marriott and hilton

Here's my two cents worth (note, as I live in Vienna, I haven't stayed in these hotels, but guests of mine have and I am obviously familiar with the locations/facilities):

Vienna Marriott - Basic American-style hotel lacks charm, you could be anywhere in the world; location is pretty good.

Courtyard Vienna Messe - Very far from center and neighborhood lacking in restaurants and entertainment; ok if you are attending a convention at the Messe.

Imperial Riding School - Fairly convenient to the center (3 tram stops or a 10 minute walk); good breakfast; rooms are non-descript; indoor pool and the lobby is pretty.

Renaissance Wien - Not a good location, very far from center and neighborhood is a bit borderline.

Hilton Vienna Plaza - location is ok; don't know anything else about it.

Hilton Danbue - not a convenient location at all; very far from center.

Radisson - both locations are good. I am familiar with the Blu Palais; smaller than the other larger chain-style hotels and in a building with some character.

Le Meridian - Nice hotel in a good location on the Ring.

Mentioned in this post
Vienna
Vienna
Vienna Region, Austria
Vienna Marriott Hotel
Vienna Marriott Hotel
2,010 Reviews
Vienna, Austria
Courtyard by Marriott Vienna Prater/Messe
Courtyard by Marriott...
862 Reviews
Vienna, Austria
Renaissance Wien Hotel
Renaissance Wien Hotel
1,260 Reviews
Vienna, Austria
Hilton Vienna Plaza
Hilton Vienna Plaza
1,553 Reviews
Vienna, Austria
Boston
Level Contributor
107 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels - marriott and hilton

Thank you. Info has been very helpful. Any recommendations for hotels with local charm within our price range ($200-$250), location, and rooms that would be a bit larger (possible 3 people in a room).

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
1,748 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels - marriott and hilton

Check out the König von Ungarn, the Kaiserin Elisabeth or the Römischer Kaiser for example. All those a bit on the cozy/classic side (the König von Ungarn has modern-style rooms too, I believe) and very centrally located next to the pedestrian zone. Don't know about room sizes but rooms with roll-away beds should be available.

Mentioned in this post
Kaiserin Elisabeth
Kaiserin Elisabeth
939 Reviews
Vienna, Austria
vienna
Destination Expert
for Lower Austria
Level Contributor
13,600 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels - marriott and hilton

Check the Konig von Ungarn

www.kvu.at

They have apartment type / Maisonette rooms - 2 floors

many extended families like this feature.

Note that the hotel has 2 style rooms Classic and Modern.

The classic much more in Vienna style and preferred by most.

The hotel has a nice Atrium / lounge for relaxation and a drink.

Perfect location in very city center with many restaurants nearby. 2 minutes to Stephansdom- many sights within easy walking distance

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Konig Von Ungarn
Hotel Konig Von Ungarn
618 Reviews
Vienna, Austria
Vienna
Vienna
Vienna Region, Austria
7. Re: Hotels - marriott and hilton

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 April 2014, 06:15