We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question for Mommy or parents

Which Vienna hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
san diego
Level Contributor
9 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Question for Mommy or parents

hi there..

we will be staying in Hilton am Stadtpark in vienna from May 1-7 with our little girl.

i know there is a Supermarket at Wien Mitte train station cross the street from the hotel.

my question is:

do they carry a good selection of diaper ( like pull ups diaper?) and any small boxes UHT milk ?

please advise,

thanks

Mia

Vienna
Level Contributor
4,389 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question for Mommy or parents

There is a big shopping center on top of the train station and you will get Pampers and any sort of milk there in e.g. Mueller Drogerie or Interspar:

http://www.wienmitte-themall.at/en/shops

san diego
Level Contributor
9 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question for Mommy or parents

thank you for the info :)..now we can pack lighter stuff ..

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
2,100 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question for Mommy or parents

Maybe you have realized this already, but May 1 is a national holiday and shops will be closed. The Spar Pronto, located in the train station across from the hotel, will be open that day, but only can sell groceries. If you need diapers the day you arrive, the only place in the whole city that I am aware of where you will be able to get them is the Bipa at the Franz-Josef bahnhof. I know this from personal experience as we ran out of diapers on a Sunday and had to trek across town. Bottom line: bring enough diapers for your first day.

san diego
Level Contributor
9 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question for Mommy or parents

hi Cherries_jubilee

thanks for the reminder...yes we plan to bring an extra kid stuff to survive for few days :)

btw i saw your post about children playground around the city,i didnt remember if you mentioned if there are any kid play ground by Stadtpark ?

mia

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
2,100 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Question for Mommy or parents

Yes, there is a playground with toddler equipment at Stadtpark near the U-bahn entrance. There is also a duck pond after you cross the bridge also in Stadtpark.

Wien, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
3,610 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Question for Mommy or parents

As far as I remember there is playground in any park around the Ring.

san diego
Level Contributor
9 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Question for Mommy or parents

just getting better... :) tks for the info..

8. Re: Question for Mommy or parents

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 April 2014, 05:18