We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wiener Schnitzel but veggie options,too ??

Which Vienna hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
southern Germany
Level Contributor
985 posts
113 reviews
Save Topic
Wiener Schnitzel but veggie options,too ??

We ( 1 meateater and 1 vegetarian) plan to have a nice dinner in Vienna.

It might be touristy, but I think when eating meat, you should have a Wiener Schnitzel

once in Vienna :-) - ok, but the veggie options at for example places like Figlmueller are

very limited - so we would prefer another Restaurant.

Where can we have both?

Thanks experts,

Q.

vienna
Destination Expert
for Lower Austria
Level Contributor
13,600 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wiener Schnitzel but veggie options,too ??

Puerstner in the city center has a nice selection of meat dishes including Schnitzel.

It also has numerous vegetable dishes and salads.

You can check the menu

here

www.puerstner.com

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
14,230 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wiener Schnitzel but veggie options,too ??

I saw this post this afternoon, but was on the move and couldn't reply. But I was going to suggest Pürstner too. My wife is all but vegetarian and when we went there last month she found several dishes she fancied whilst for me it was meat heaven. I didn't have the Schnitzel (I had a steak filled with ham and cheese), but I have had a Schnitzel there before and it was very good. This is a direct link to the menu in English:

puerstner.com/images/…espeisekarte.pdf

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
27,343 posts
5,579 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wiener Schnitzel but veggie options,too ??

Puerstner is a very nice option, had a nice schnitzel here a few months back. Here are a few more pictures interested.

Puerstner

tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS

Have a nice time in Vienna and happy dining.

southern Germany
Level Contributor
985 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wiener Schnitzel but veggie options,too ??

Thanks for you input - the Puerstner looks nice and the meat dishes are plentyful, but I could only

find 3 veggie main dishes:

Large mixed salad with cheese

Potato and vegetable bake with cheese gratinated

deep fried cheese with cranberry

which are rather boring. Do I ask for to much when I want a little more creative dishes? :-)

Thanks so much for <ou help.

greetings Q.

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
2,100 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wiener Schnitzel but veggie options,too ??

I have had really consistently good food at Huth Gastwirtschaft. The schnitzel, in particular, is very good. They always have a seasonal menu which includes at least one vegetarian dish. These dishes will go beyond the fried cheese, spinach strudel selections which you find everywhere else.

http://www.zum-huth.at/gastwirtschaft/

One of my favorite little places in the first for taking visiting vegetarians is Jonathan & Sieglinde. Every dish has either apple or potato as a main ingredient. They do have plenty of choices with meat, but many without. Their daily lunch special is always terrific and cheap.

http://jonathan-sieglinde.com/

6. Re: Wiener Schnitzel but veggie options,too ??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 June 2014, 05:16