We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vienna to Bratislava

Which Vienna hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
South Wales U/K
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Topic
Vienna to Bratislava

I need to get from Vienna to Bratislava on Sunday 23rd June for a flight to the UK in the evening. Can anyone advise whether there is a direct bus or train from Vienna to Bratislava on a Sunday or would we be better travelling the day before and spending Saturday night.in Bratislava. I believe the old town is very nice but are things open on a Sunday ? Would appreciate any advice on this. Thank you

Wien, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
3,610 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vienna to Bratislava

Please read the many threads about going to Bratislava first.

South Wales U/K
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Vienna to Bratislava

Thank you, yes there are many threads and I understand that you can buy tickets at the station on the day in question and the cost is 15 euros return. I also believe that they are quite frequent and a direct service takes approximately one hour. Am I correct with this ? What I was wondering though was whether the services are still the same on a Sunday? I have had difficulties with linking to timetables plus I didn't' know how the recent situation with floods in certain areas had affected train and bus travel. Thank you.

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
14,227 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vienna to Bratislava

No problem travelling on a Sunday and it's really not worth spending the night. The old town needs no more than half a day. Not sure if Slovakian shops can open on Sundays - they don't in Vienna.

South Wales U/K
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Vienna to Bratislava

Thank you Norman that is very helpful to know and has answered my question.

5. Re: Vienna to Bratislava

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2014, 05:17