We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We are spending 3 days in Vienna , what are the "must see"

Which Vienna hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ohio
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
We are spending 3 days in Vienna , what are the "must see"

We are spending 3 days in Vienna, what are the "must see" places we should add to our list? We have a Eurail pass and would like to use that as our sole \method of transportation.

My husband would like to visit Hitler's Eagles Nest so would appreciate the best way to see that.

Your help and advise is appreciate!

Milford, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,230 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: We are spending 3 days in Vienna , what are the "must see"

tripadvisor.com/Guide-g190454-l66-Vienna.html

Here is a link to a 3-day guide. Along with what is mentioned, spend some time in the Inner Stadt walking up Kartnerstrasse from the Opera House to the city center where you will find St. Stephans. From the city center, walk the Graban to Kohlmarkt where you will pass the Imperial Palace. Continue on to the ring and take a stroll around the ring. Also, make a trip to Prater and take a ride on the Riesenrad.

You will need to buy a transportation pass for Vienna. Your Eurail pass is not valid for public transportation.

Have a great trip!

ohio
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: We are spending 3 days in Vienna , what are the "must see"

KimBux

Thanks so much for your help! I appreciate your suggestions!

...and I hope the trip is great too

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
13,829 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: We are spending 3 days in Vienna , what are the "must see"

Here's the Vienna Tourist Board's guide to 72 hours in Vienna which gives an alternative to the one provided by KimBux.

wien.info/myvienna/recommendations/my-travel…

I'm intrigued by the link KimBux gives as the large church at the top of the page is not one I recognise. It also seems to recommend Trzesniewski for a meal at the end of day one, but as it only sells tiny open sandwiches it wouldn't fill me up at the end of the day - nor would it probably be open!

Milford, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,230 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: We are spending 3 days in Vienna , what are the "must see"

Hi Norman - that is the to the TA Vienna page. I didn't go to all the places recommended but it's a start for someone to do a little research. Maybe TA should review and update the info on the link? Not sure how often that happens..... :)

P.S. - I don't recognize that church either.

Edited: 27 June 2013, 20:26
Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
13,829 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: We are spending 3 days in Vienna , what are the "must see"

It makes me doubtful of the validity of this person's 3 day recommendation if they've headed it with a photo of a church that's not even in Vienna! I know you gave the link in good faith, but perhaps the Tourist Board one is less "personalised"! ;-)

ohio
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: We are spending 3 days in Vienna , what are the "must see"

I appreciate all the advice and will take careful note!

Bahia de Caraquez...
Level Contributor
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: We are spending 3 days in Vienna , what are the "must see"

The Opera and St. Stephens Catheral, then walk the center and have a meal in one of the down stairs rest.

ohio
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: We are spending 3 days in Vienna , what are the "must see"

Thanks Steven G!

9. Re: We are spending 3 days in Vienna , what are the "must see"

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 June 2014, 06:19