We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

buying sun lotion in Vienna

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
140 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
buying sun lotion in Vienna

Hello could anyone please advise me of what I might pay for bottles of a decent sunscreen lotion when I am in Vienna? I am going straight to a Greek island where I know it is very expensive and cannot bring it from the states as I am not checking a bag on flight. We don't need the most expensive designer brand but a decent quality one please. Thanks in advance. Sharon

Vienna
Level Contributor
5,374 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: buying sun lotion in Vienna

EUR 10-15 - you can also not take liquids on board in Europe and have to check in your bag.

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
29,892 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: buying sun lotion in Vienna

Once you go through security at the airport you can buy it with no restrictions.

€10-15 sounds quite a lot to me, but it is Vienna...

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
140 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: buying sun lotion in Vienna

Thanks Salzburger67.We do plan to check our bag from Vienna to Greece but coming from the States we fly standby and I like to keep my luggage with me in case of any last minute flight switching. Will 10 -15 euro get you a larger size bottle and do you recommend any particular brand and where is the best place to buy? Only have a few days in Vienna. Thanks again for the prompt response. Sharon

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
16,125 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: buying sun lotion in Vienna

This should give you a good idea what's available and the prices:

bipa.at/Sonne/…sc.html

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
140 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: buying sun lotion in Vienna

Thanks everyone..yes 10-15 sounds like a lot to me as well, but still cheaper than Greece. What can you do because for us it is a must have. Thanks again, Sharon

Wien, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
3,914 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: buying sun lotion in Vienna

I have a very sensitive skin but I use a cheap one from BIpa for5 Euros.

Important are the high LSF., so take a minimum of LFS 20 with you.

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
29,892 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: buying sun lotion in Vienna

Bipa is a good shop - there are a few of them dotted around, you can't miss them as the shop fronts are bright pink!

8. Re: buying sun lotion in Vienna

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 July 2014, 05:18