We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What location is better?

Haifa
Level Contributor
289 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
What location is better?

Hi,

Which place is better in terms of location - closeness to the Inner Stadt, public transport, cafes nearby, quiet - Lambrechtgasse, 1040 or Buchfeldgasse, 1080?

Thanks,

Julia

Milford, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,476 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What location is better?

I would choose Buchfeldgasse in the 8th district. There is an ubahn station around the corner (maybe a block and a half) - U2 - stop is Rathaus. It's also about 3 blocks from the Ring where you can pick up the tram. (Once you cross the Ring, you are in the Inner Stadt - 1st district.) Finally, very close to Rathaus, Volksgarten, and the Kunsthistorisches Museum/Museum Quarter.

Haifa
Level Contributor
289 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What location is better?

Thanks!

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
15,524 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What location is better?

I would concur with KimBux that Buchfeldgasse is the better location. Quite a few restaurants would be within walking distance too and if just visiting central sights on any day you probably wouldn't need public transport at all.

Haifa
Level Contributor
289 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What location is better?

I think that the closeness to the MusikFilmFest nailed it for me - will be a nice place to end a day!

5. Re: What location is better?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 July 2014, 07:17