We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What are your favorite restaurants in Vienna?

columbia
Level Contributor
202 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
What are your favorite restaurants in Vienna?

Where would a local go to get good food?

Also do you know of any wine cellars that are good?

Thanks for your help.

Milford, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,433 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What are your favorite restaurants in Vienna?

My favorite restaurant is not really a restaurant - it's the Wurstl stand (the one on the Graban across from St. Stephans). Nothing better than grabbing a kasekrainer and a bier at a Wurstl stand and watching people.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Food and Travel, World Cup, Holiday Travel, Spa Vacations, Olympics, Outdoors / Adventure Travel
Level Contributor
4,390 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What are your favorite restaurants in Vienna?

Hello tennisaceColumbia

My favorite far and away is Steirereck on all levels food service ambiance not just the best in the city but one of the best in all of Europe tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g190454-d714…

And if I am really hungry and in the mood for good meat I like Ribs of Vienna tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g190454-d2…

Best

SEBESZ

Florida
Level Contributor
2,219 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What are your favorite restaurants in Vienna?

For a true Viennese dining experience (and not expensive!!!), do yourself and visit Haas Beisel.

http://www.haasbeisl.at/

columbia
Level Contributor
202 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What are your favorite restaurants in Vienna?

I was wondering if there are any side streets not to be missed with good restaurants. Thanks everyone for helping out a newbie in Vienna.

Thessaloniki, Greece
Destination Expert
for Thessaloniki
Level Contributor
1,471 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: What are your favorite restaurants in Vienna?

We enjoyed Purstner very much after being recommended here.There were many tourists but the food was great and so were the portions!

Grigoris

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
53 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What are your favorite restaurants in Vienna?

Our favorite was Gasthaus Zu Den 3 Hacken at Singerstrasse 28, 1010 Wien. Great Austrian cuisine, casual and not too pricey.

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
2,211 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What are your favorite restaurants in Vienna?

Make sure you visit the Spittelberg area for some cosy atmosphere. I can't really think of "side streets," but check out Judenplatz, Siebensterngasse/Neubaugasse and MuseumsQuartier.

8. Re: What are your favorite restaurants in Vienna?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2014, 06:21