We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renting a car: Vienna to Dubrovnik

Pennsyltucky
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
Renting a car: Vienna to Dubrovnik

Spending 3 days in Prague, train to Vienna for 3 days, then renting a car and driving through Austria, Slovenia and Croatia for two weeks, dropping the car off at Dubrovnik.

Any favorite car rental companies you use? Will a company drop off a car at my hotel (Ritz Carlton) or is picking up somewhere best? Any other tips?

Thank you very much in advance for any tips!

Mentioned in this post
Prague
Prague
Bohemia, Czech Republic
Vienna
Vienna
Vienna Region, Austria
Austria
Austria
Europe
Croatia
Croatia
Europe
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik-Neretva County, Croatia
Vienna
Level Contributor
5,797 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Renting a car: Vienna to Dubrovnik

Hertz has a station at Kaertner Ring 17 close to your hotel and I am sure drop off can be arranged. You have to check one way rental between Austria and Croatia and get a quote - will not be cheap.

Mentioned in this post
Austria
Austria
Europe
Croatia
Croatia
Europe
Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
30,257 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Renting a car: Vienna to Dubrovnik

you will be lucky if they let you do that at all. Expect to pay several hundred euros drop-off fee if it is possible.

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
4,867 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Renting a car: Vienna to Dubrovnik

I agree with the two above commentators. We travelled once with our car from Bruesels - Belgium to Athens Greece, via Dubrovnik\. We put the car on a boat from Rieka to Dubrovnik. We were glad we did, because it was a wonderful trip.

I suggest you look into boat trips from Venice or Rieka to Dubrovnik. It is along the coast that Croatia is at its most beautiful.

Mentioned in this post
Belgium
Belgium
Europe
Athens
Athens
Attica, Greece
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik-Neretva County, Croatia
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
Croatia
Croatia
Europe
4. Re: Renting a car: Vienna to Dubrovnik

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 August 2014, 05:17