We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Turkish or Serbo-Croatian restaurants

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,276 posts
117 reviews
Save Topic
Turkish or Serbo-Croatian restaurants

I know that Vienna has large immigrant populations of Turks and people from the former Yugoslavia. Surely there must be some good restaurants that offer the cuisines of those peoples. While I'm in Vienna and other parts of Austria, I will be having a lot of schnitzel and other traditional Austrian dishes, but it would be nice to have a little culinary variety. Can anyone recommend good restaurants in Vienna that feature Balkan or Turkish cuisine? Thanks.

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
638 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Turkish or Serbo-Croatian restaurants

The Levante is pretty good for Turkish/Med food.

http://www.levante.at/market/

Wien, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
3,789 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Turkish or Serbo-Croatian restaurants

Best ones I would say around Brunnenmarkt or 20th district or these 2 (pre tested by me ;)) )

I am not a big fan of Levante but as I live close to Naschmarkt I do have my other options close by

Konoba 1080 Wien, Lerchenfelder Strasse 66-68 www.konoba.at - best reserve in advance

one of the oldest Kebab-Haus Operngasse 26 , 1040 Wien

+

Restoran Beograd Schikanedergasse 7, 1040 Wien

restaurant-beograd.at/new/index.php…

Edited: 21 August 2013, 08:27
Boston...
Level Contributor
1,276 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Turkish or Serbo-Croatian restaurants

Thank you so much for the tip about the Brunnenmarkt! I used to live in Berlin and loved going to the Türkenmarkt there! It will be fun to experience that atmosphere again.

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
2,257 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Turkish or Serbo-Croatian restaurants

Lubin for Croatian in the third district; Kent at Brunnengasse for Turkish.

5. Re: Turkish or Serbo-Croatian restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2014, 06:22