We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Schonbrunn

San Francisco...
1 post
Save Topic
Visiting Schonbrunn

I will be visiting Vienna in late October (around the 3rd week) and wanted to know if I should buy tickets for Schonbrunn in advance. I've read about really long waits in order to buy tickets in person, but is that typically only for the summer? The prices for the grand tour online are fairly reasonable (14.50 euros), but would it be cheaper on location or are the prices the same? Thanks!

Pedal Power Bike and Segway
Segway Tours, Bike Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings
Instant Tours
City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Photography Tours
Hotrod Tour Wien
City Tours, Cultural Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Milford, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,556 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting Schonbrunn

Prices are not less expensive onsite. I suggest buying ahead of time if you know the day/time you want to go (day/time are required for inline purchase). It's always busy with tour groups regardless of the season. You can also go early when Schonbrunn opens because the lines are normally shorter. It's worth the time - don't forget to walk up the hill behind Schonbrunn to the Gloriette and enjoy the view. I also like the Schonbrunn Zoo. It's the oldest zoo in the world.

2. Re: Visiting Schonbrunn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2014, 05:18