We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can I see Dachau, Salzburg and Vienna in 6 days?

Which Vienna hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ma
Level Contributor
3 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Can I see Dachau, Salzburg and Vienna in 6 days?

We will be in Prague for 5 days in October, visiting our daughter who is studying there. After the visit, we plan to leave on a Thursday and stay in Munich overnight so that we can see Dachau the next day (Friday). If we leave the following day for Salzburg (or maybe even Friday after the Dachau visit), will we have enough time to see Salzburg and Vienna and get back to Prague by Wednesday late afternoon? Our plane leaves early Thursday morning. I feel like we may be too rushed and yet I really want to see all 3 places.

Vienna
Level Contributor
3,918 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can I see Dachau, Salzburg and Vienna in 6 days?

It is doable - from Munich it takes about 2 hours to Salzburg by train. Salzburg to Vienna is less than 2 1/2 hours. Salzburg can easily be done in one or two days if you focus on old historic center. 3 days in Vienna is a good start to explore main sights.

Milford, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,171 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can I see Dachau, Salzburg and Vienna in 6 days?

Yes - I've done this before. I think you can cover Salzburg in a day. May people take a day trip from Vienna to Salzburg. You will need the most time in Vienna.... so much to see and do. If you've never been to Munich, stay there for the night so you can at least see the city center. Have a great trip!

ma
Level Contributor
3 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can I see Dachau, Salzburg and Vienna in 6 days?

THank you for those responses. Should we get a hotel right in the city center of Munich? Any suggestions?

Milford, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,171 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can I see Dachau, Salzburg and Vienna in 6 days?

I have stayed at the Holiday Inn City Center in Munich 3 times. It's your run of the mill Holiday Inn - about a 10 minute walk to Marienplatz. The best part is that the subway is below the hotel so you don't have to go outside if you don't want to.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187309-d199646…

5. Re: Can I see Dachau, Salzburg and Vienna in 6 days?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2014, 05:18