We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vienna to Prague & Bratislava.

Dhaka City...
Level Contributor
43 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Vienna to Prague & Bratislava.

Would somebody tell me, how far the Bus station to Prague & Bratislava from Hilton Vienna at Stadtpark, 3rd district?

Is it seems realistic to go to Prague see some landmarks/attractions and return on the same day and catch the flight at 10pm from Vienna?

Please advise.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
27,618 posts
5,730 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vienna to Prague & Bratislava.

Train from Vienna to Prague is 4.75 hours, one way, that is quite a lot of travel for a day trip, leaving you very little time to see Prague, before needing to turn around make your way back. Also, with a flight out of Vienna on the day, this seems like an ill-advised plan. Here are a couple of past discussions on the subject of making a day trip to Prague from Vienna if interested.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g190454-i147-k6401…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g190454-i147-k5274…

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
27,618 posts
5,730 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vienna to Prague & Bratislava.

Bratislava is considerably closer, about one hour by train. You can cover a majority of the better attractions there as part of a day trip. Why not just do this instead on your last day and save Prague for another trip. Here is a trip list of good attractions in Bratislava if helpful.

Weekend in Bratislava (what you can see/do)

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i37587-Weekend_…

Hope this is helpful and that you enjoy your time in Central Europe.

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
22,200 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vienna to Prague & Bratislava.

It is not advisable to visit Prague for just a day, it is feasible though. Buses of WESTBUS depart from the Vienna International Bus Terminal in Erdberg VIB (subway stop: Erdberg) while buses of STUDENTAGENCY leave from Praterstern Interchange (subway lines U2 and U1). Buses to Bratislava also leave from the VIB.

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
15,046 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vienna to Prague & Bratislava.

I don't think it is realistic to go to Prague for the day and be back at Vienna airport by 8pm for a flight at 10pm. Bratislava is a better bet as you can get to the airport directly from Bratislava in an hour or so.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,073 posts
707 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vienna to Prague & Bratislava.

I agree with others that Bratislava is a better choice as you can spend more time without worrying about time. You can cover main parts of Old Town easily.

6. Re: Vienna to Prague & Bratislava.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 November 2014, 05:17