We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wein westbahnhof

Lake Macquarie...
Level Contributor
480 posts
257 reviews
Save Topic
wein westbahnhof

Hello,

I would appreciate information on best way to get from Wein Westbahnhof to our accommodation at Tiefer Grahben 14 - 20 Innere Stadt 1010 district? This will be approximately 7 p.m. at night.

Maybe bus or taxi?

If someone could give me an estimate on the taxi cost, it would be much appreciated.

Also, after we leave Vienna, we catch a train to Linz. Will this be from Westbahnhof?

Thanking you.

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
638 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: wein westbahnhof

Do you mean Wien Westbahnhof? Wein is something we all like to imbibe. Go with Redcab or refer to the faqs in this forum.

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
21,681 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: wein westbahnhof

Very easy and fast by subway line U3 which you need to take to "Herrengasse" (direction: Simmering). Take the station exit located at the front of the train (exit to Herrengasse), then walk the rest (approx. 650m).The trip costs 2.10€, if you buy a timecard (24h, 48h, 72h or 1 week), then it would already be included.

Trains to Linz leave from Westbahnhof, remember that there are two train companies running trains on the Vienna-Linz-Salzburg line, namely Austrian Railways ÖBB (www.oebb.at/en) and WESTBAHN (www.westbahn.at).

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
29,014 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: wein westbahnhof

Westbahn gives you more flexibility as you can buy the ticket on the train (€17.20)

If you buy a ticket for OEBB it will cost €34.30 on the day, or from €9 in advance.

Lake Macquarie...
Level Contributor
480 posts
257 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: wein westbahnhof

Thank you - apologies for not replying sooner!

I have noted the above information and appreciate your assistance.

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
21,681 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: wein westbahnhof

In order to reach your hotel without any detour I would print a map showing the neighborhood of your hotel as well as the location of the subway stop (Herrengasse).

6. Re: wein westbahnhof

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 December 2014, 05:18