We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 day question help!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
216 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
1 day question help!

I will be in Vienna December 30th with my family (taking a one day trip from Budapest.) We have hired a car so we will arrive fairly early and leaving fairly late ~ 10am - 5pm.

Can someone please advise favorite things to do? I know there are FAQs that can answer this but looking for first hand knowledge :)

We don't NEED to do tours, etc. just want to get a good feel for the city and see the beautiful buildings, any nice shopping squares, cool restaurants / bars, sights not to be missed.

I understand we do not have a ton of time but we would like to make the most of what we can!! Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Vienna
Vienna
Vienna Region, Austria
Budapest
Budapest
Central Hungary, Hungary
Shoetation
Gift & Speciality Shops
Meinl am Graben
Department Stores
die Hollerei
Gift & Speciality Shops
Milford, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,641 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 day question help!

I suggest staying in the Inner Stadt. Visit St. Stephans - take the stairs or elevator to the top and take a tour of the catacombs. Then go to the Imperial Palace and tour of the Hofburg and the Imperial Silver Collection. Also, visit the Kaiser Grufts and/or the Kunsthistorisches Museum. There are plenty of places to eat but I LOVE the wurstl stands.

Hope you have a nice trip - one day is NEVER enough time in Vienna.

Edited: 18 December 2013, 21:04
Mentioned in this post
Cafe Hofburg
Cafe Hofburg
560 Reviews
Vienna, Austria
Kunsthistorisches Museum
Kunsthistorisches Museum
7,910 Reviews
Vienna, Austria
Vienna
Vienna
Vienna Region, Austria
2. Re: 1 day question help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 December 2014, 05:18