We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

prague to bratislava to vienna

Which Vienna hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Delhi, Delhi, India
Level Contributor
12 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
prague to bratislava to vienna

could anyone help e plan my itinerary.

i have booked antik hotel in prague, park danube in bratislava and motel one westbahnhauf in vienna.

can some one please tell me whats the best way to travel between these cities so that i arrive nearest to the hotels.

shall i use the bus or train?

please help.

ankur

Vienna
Level Contributor
4,389 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: prague to bratislava to vienna

I would use trains. You can use public transport very easily in Vienna and Westbahnhof has two underground lines going there.

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
14,230 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: prague to bratislava to vienna

The bus is a serious option from Bratislava to Vienna. It's easy to transfer to the U3 which goes to Westbahnhof.

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
28,788 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: prague to bratislava to vienna

If you are visiting Bratislava, do so from Vienna - it is a day trip, no more, as there is not a great amount to see for the average tourist, but if staying overnight at the Danube Hotel get the bus from Vienna (Erdberg) and it will drop you a short walk away at Most SNP (the big bridge with the 'UFO' on top. If you get the train it is more complicated.

From Prague to Vienna either get the train (from €19 www.cd.cz/eshop ) or bus (from €18 www.studentagency.eu )

Delhi, Delhi, India
Level Contributor
12 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: prague to bratislava to vienna

thanks everyone

have already booked my hotels and will be staying at bratislava for one day.

i guess train from prague to bratislava and bus from bratislava to vienna will be a good option.

it will be two of us with few suitcases.

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
28,788 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: prague to bratislava to vienna

If you have a few suitcases then train might not be ideal - there is a bus from Prague to Bratislava same link as above, you just put the suitcases in the hold, or train www.cd.cz/eshop (English top right - I think it costs from €15). The only problem is getting to the hotel from either the main bus station or the railway station - do not get a taxi in Bratislava! This is why I suggested getting the bus from Vienna as it would be a lot easier for you. Can you not cancel the hotel in Bratislava?

Or else try to cut down on your luggage, try and travel as light as possible. There are no porters at railway stations, and trolleys are rare, if they have them at all.

Delhi, Delhi, India
Level Contributor
12 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: prague to bratislava to vienna

Thank you for your help

Already booked the hotel in bratislava so cancellation not possible.

Are taxis too expensive in Bratislava. And can I get them easily.

You are right I'll book a bus from the above link.

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
28,788 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: prague to bratislava to vienna

You won't need a taxi, or even public transport, in Bratislava once you have got to your hotel as you can walk across the city in 10 minutes - it is very small, and it is for pedestrians only.

The problem is that taxis hailed on the street in Bratislava, especially from outside places such as the railway station, are complete cowboys and can charge huge accounts for short journeys.

8. Re: prague to bratislava to vienna

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 February 2015, 07:18