We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

8 day climate ticket refund?

London, United...
Level Contributor
813 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
8 day climate ticket refund?

I always keep a running stock of 8 day climate tickets, and on this trip I thought I'd I bought them all with ... and couldn't find them and bought a couple more. I then found my unused ones. I don't really want to keep the ones I just bought. Is it possible to get a refund at one of the offices if I'm passing one do you think?

Thanks.

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
15,107 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 8 day climate ticket refund?

Somebody may know, but just pop in and ask! And let us know what you find out. My gut feeling is that maybe you can't, but good luck!

London, United...
Level Contributor
813 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 8 day climate ticket refund?

Thanks..... my German isn't good enough to wade through the German version of the web site ... and the English one s just a cut down ...

Wien, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
3,745 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 8 day climate ticket refund?

wienerlinien.at/media/download/2014/Tarifbes… Page 18 - -> 13

or you keep it till your next visit?

London, United...
Level Contributor
813 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 8 day climate ticket refund?

Thanks, as I said I have toooo many.

Received a very prompt and helpful resonse!

Dear Mr. Uk4

You can return one of your “8 day climate card” in our ticket office. A list from this office you can find here. Please note, when your return a valid ticket you must pay a manipulation charges of 10% from the ticket price.

We hope we can help with this information.

Best regards

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
328 posts
1,022 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 8 day climate ticket refund?

It would be interesting to know if they honour that as section C number 8 of the fare regulations states that unused or partly used "climate tickets" will not be refunded.

[Für nicht oder teilweise benützte „Wiener Einkaufskarten“, Mobile - Tickets, Netzkarten „24 Stunden Wien“, Netzkarte „48 Stunden Wien“, Netzkarten „72 Stunden Wien“ und 8- Tage-Klimakarten wird keine Erstattung geleistet.] (p15)

London, United...
Level Contributor
813 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 8 day climate ticket refund?

Well ... as with all things nothing was straight forward! I took them down to the ticket office at Schwedenpatz ... which was closed. I walked up to Stephansdom to the ticket office there and after consulting a few manuals, a couple of phone calls ... I was asked for my passport which I hadn't bought with me. Anyway to cut a long palaver short the cash refund was processed without reduction.

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
15,107 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 8 day climate ticket refund?

Now I know why you don't need them :-(

London, United...
Level Contributor
813 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 8 day climate ticket refund?

Well actually genuinely only finally decided last night .. but having said that we have said that on a number of trips.

9. Re: 8 day climate ticket refund?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 March 2015, 05:21