We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

12 hour layover at vienna with a valid Schengen Visa

INDIA
Level Contributor
15 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
12 hour layover at vienna with a valid Schengen Visa

I am travelling from Delhi to Geneva via Vienna on Austrian airlines with my family. I have a 10 hour layover. Could somebody advise me where I can leave some light baggage and give us a rough itinerary of what to do from 0800 hrs to about 1630 hrs as we have a flight to catch at 1745. I am on a tight budget. We would like to head into town from the airport by a metro/train and then walk around and visit the sights. I would not like to do more than one additional metro ride if we have to.

Suggestions please

Arjun

Milford, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,497 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 12 hour layover at vienna with a valid Schengen Visa

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g190454-i147-k7296…

Here is a recent thread in which someone needed ot know what to do in 7 hours.... same concept I'm not sure about luggage storage but if you search the forum, there have been threads about that too.

Edited: 20 March 2014, 17:08
Vienna
Level Contributor
4,952 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 12 hour layover at vienna with a valid Schengen Visa

There is a luggage storage on the airport but why do you not check it straight through to Geneva ? If you cannot do it still check in with Austrian and then go to town.

vienna
Destination Expert
for Lower Austria
Level Contributor
13,600 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 12 hour layover at vienna with a valid Schengen Visa

Numerous threads on this topic. Just use the search box.

City access often mentioned here - note top questions to the right on this screen

Much info on sightseeing- you do not mention interests thus a quick look allows you to pick what you like

www.wien.info

4. Re: 12 hour layover at vienna with a valid Schengen Visa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 March 2015, 05:17