We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

11 hrs layover in Vienna next Tuesday - need tips

London, Canada
5 posts
Save Topic
11 hrs layover in Vienna next Tuesday - need tips

Hello all,

Next Tuesday I have a 11 hour layover between 8 am to 7 pm in Vienna airport. I have two questions you might know the answer to:

1- is there any locker in the airport to leave 2 small suitcases in?

2- How should I take a day trip to city centre and back to airport?

3- Any info about current Klimt and Schiele Museum/exhibits will be awesome.

I greatly appreciate if you can share info/tips with me.

Cheers

Hidi

Edited: 10 April 2014, 15:44
London, Canada
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 11 hrs layover in Vienna next Tuesday - need tips

oops, that was 3 questions :P

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,154 posts
846 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 11 hrs layover in Vienna next Tuesday - need tips

It's plenty of time for you to have a sneak preview of Vienna.

You can find luggage service at the airport on departure level. it might be difficult to find so you should ask in a case you can't see it.

You can get to the city center by train or bus. I would use train but many would recommend bus as it would be cheaper option. You can just buy one way ticket to Wien Mitte for S7 so you don't need to buy extra ticket for U-Bahn (city train).

Not sure about the exhibition as I always missed out. Some others might give you more info.

London, Canada
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 11 hrs layover in Vienna next Tuesday - need tips

Thank you so much Norma, this will help! i also will stay in Vienna for 3 nights from May 2-5, I am looking for a inexpensive accommodation, something central, clean and safe. If you have any ideas please share, I really appreciate your help.

Thank

hida

Milford, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,622 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 11 hrs layover in Vienna next Tuesday - need tips

What is your budget per night? Saying inexpensive can mean different things to different people!

Edited: 14 April 2014, 15:23
London, Canada
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 11 hrs layover in Vienna next Tuesday - need tips

hoping for something between 25-40, but might be unrealistic. anything close to that will help.

Milford, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,622 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 11 hrs layover in Vienna next Tuesday - need tips

25-40 USD, Canadian Dollars, Euros?

London, Canada
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 11 hrs layover in Vienna next Tuesday - need tips

Euros

Milford, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,622 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 11 hrs layover in Vienna next Tuesday - need tips

Try this hostel - you will not find much for 25-40 Euros.

http://www.wombats-hostels.com/

Canada
Level Contributor
47 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 11 hrs layover in Vienna next Tuesday - need tips

If you can stretch your budget a little - We stayed at Star Inn for about 55 euros. New, modern, very nice, clean, safe and right across street from the Langenfeldgasse station, few stops before Schonbrunn Palace.

Trained it everywhere with a 72 hr pass for 15.40 euros - includes all use of trams & buses within city limits. Or the Vienna Card for 21.90 euros which includes transport and discounts for attractions for 72 hrs.

Great City, enjoy touring!

10. Re: 11 hrs layover in Vienna next Tuesday - need tips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 April 2015, 07:15