We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying tickets at the airport

Which Vienna hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Buying tickets at the airport

I will be taking the S7 train to Vienna's city center. I am not sure where or how to purchase tickets at the airport. Is there a manned booth or just machines? If anyone one could tell me what to buy if only machines are available, I would be grateful. I want to take the S7 to Praterstern and then the U2 to Rathaus. Will be arriving Sunday AM.

Thank you.

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
20,198 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buying tickets at the airport

There are ticket vending machines down on the platform level which also speak English. After you leave the baggage reclaim area there is a information office which should also sell train tickets.

Toronto
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Buying tickets at the airport

I appreciate the info thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,040 posts
656 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buying tickets at the airport

Don't bother the sales windows on the ground floor. It is usually packed with tourists for longer travel. You can just go underground toward the platform. You can find vending machines near the entrance and purchase tickets with cash or credit card.

You need to remember that tickets should be validated before boarding the train. There are tiny yellow boxes by the stairs for validation.

4. Re: Buying tickets at the airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 April 2015, 06:17