We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Berlin-Prague Vienna

Redlands, California
6 posts
Save Topic
Berlin-Prague Vienna

My husband and I are planning a trip to Berlin, Prague and Vienna (from Los Angeles) in September. The general idea is to fly into Berlin, stay a couple of days, take a train to Prague, stay a couple of days, take a train to Vienna, stay a couple of days, and fly out of Vienna. As of now, we have that loose plan and would like to stay on the tightest budget possible while still making the most of the fairly short trip.

I was hoping to get a few ideas and some information from fellow travelers/locals. What are the best neighborhoods to stay in in each city? What should we make certain to see/do/eat (we're vegetarian) in each city? What are the best train options, and should we buy tickets in advance or at the station? Any and all input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
15,671 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Berlin-Prague Vienna

To me you're spending too little time in each city and too much time travelling. I'd reduce your itinerary to either Berlin and Prague or Vienna and Prague.

Redlands, California
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Berlin-Prague Vienna

Thank you. Our plans are still fluid so I'll look into adding a few days.

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
22,895 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Berlin-Prague Vienna

Basically, a nice bunch of cities! I personally like Berlin very much.

In Vienna stay in the center of the city, preferably in districts 1 (Central District), 3 (Landstrasse), 4 (Wieden), 6 (Mariahilf), 7 (Neubau), 8 (Josefstadt) or 9 (Alsergrund). In these areas your impression will be best. How to travel between these places has been answered many many times in the meantime, so please use the search function of the forum! Thanks!

Redlands, California
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Berlin-Prague Vienna

Very helpful; thank you!

5. Re: Berlin-Prague Vienna

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 April 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Vienna