We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vienna, Austria

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
29 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Vienna, Austria

I will be traveling with my family (9 adults) this July and will have 3 full days and half a day in Vienna. Would 2 days in Vienna and a day trip to Salzburg be too rushed? Should we skip Salzburg? We will be traveling with public transportation.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Vienna
Vienna
Vienna Region, Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
Salzburg Region, Austria
Milford, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,618 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vienna, Austria

I think there is more than enough to do in Vienna for a week. Going to Salzburg would definitely feel rushed.

Where are you coming from before and going to after Vienna? It's possible to hit Salzburg on the way to or from Vienna.

Mentioned in this post
Vienna
Vienna
Vienna Region, Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
Salzburg Region, Austria
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
29 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vienna, Austria

We will be coming from Zurich, but we already purchased plane tickets from Zurich to Vienna.

Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Zurich
Zurich
Canton of Zurich, Switzerland
Vienna
Vienna
Vienna Region, Austria
Stamford...
Level Contributor
1 post
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vienna, Austria

3 days in Vienna is definitely plenty, but a trip to Salzburg would be too much. My advice would be to rent a car and drive an easy hour to the Wachau Valley. Depending on your preferences, you can visit the old monestary in Melk....or, there are several nice vineyards along the banks of the Danube with tasting rooms and small restaurants (Some are quite good.) Also you might consider one of the really excellent fine dining choices in the area for a mid day meal followed by a long stroll along the Danube - There are walking paths everywhere!

PS- I've just returned from Vienna and can recommend the outdoor terrace at Le Ciel for dinner.

Mentioned in this post
Wachau Valley
Wachau Valley
347 Reviews
Joching, Austria
Le Ciel by Toni Morwald
Le Ciel by Toni Morwald
649 Reviews
Vienna, Austria
Vienna
Vienna
Vienna Region, Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
Salzburg Region, Austria
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
29 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vienna, Austria

Thanks for all the information. That sounds great. A definite option.

5. Re: Vienna, Austria

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 July 2015, 05:16