We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

need some help about transport

Which Vienna hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Malta
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
need some help about transport

Hi,

My sister and I are going to arrive in Vienna for a few days in July from Prague by eurolines bus. I am trying to figure out the easiest way possible as to how to get from the international bus station to our hotel which is situated in Hernalser Hauptstraße. Coming from a such a tiny island like Malta I am not used to such a complex transport system. Can someone please help me figure it out?

Also, we are going to stay for around 3 to 4 days. Is it worth buying the 72 hour travel card each?

I am also open to any tips and suggestions as it's my first time visiting Vienna so they would be highly appreciated!

Thanks and have a good day!

Vienna, Austria
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: need some help about transport

Check http://www.wienerlinien.at/en for schedule.

The International Bus Station is located at station "Erdberg" (Metro- Line U3).

The 72h travel card is an option, alternatively you could also get the "Vienna Card" (It's a ticket + discounts for many museums, theaters,...)

www.wien.info/en/travel-info/vienna-card

Edited: 15 May 2014, 13:14
Wien, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
3,513 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: need some help about transport

approx which number of Hernalser Hauptstrasse? that is a quite long street

Since you are in the 17th district you will need a transport ticket daily so the 72h card is quite useful

Malta
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: need some help about transport

This is the whole address:

Hernalser Hauptstraße 86

17. Hernals

Vienna, 1170, Austria

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
13,835 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: need some help about transport

Take the U3 from Erdberg (in direction Ottakring) to Schweglerstraße where you change to tram 9 towards Gersthof. At Rosensteingasse stop (on the corner of Hernalserstrasse) alight and your hotel is two minutes down Hernalserstrasse.

5. Re: need some help about transport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2015, 09:17