We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Selection - Help

Which Vienna hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
490 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Selection - Help

Hello Everyone,

Greetings from India. Now that our plan for central europe is finally on its way I would like to narrow down choices of hotels in each city and get around booking those asap.

We are staying in Vienna for 4 days from 23th to 27th September. We will be coming in by train from Innsbruck and leaving by train for Bratislava. What we are looking for in our hotel choice is clean room and bath, good breakfast, safe neighbourhood and accessibility to attractions and public transport. Our budget is around €70 to €100/night.

1 - Could you recommend hotels in the range I have specified?

2 - What areas are considered good to stay for our trip?

Thank you for taking the time out to read my post and replying to it.

Regards, Rishi

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
13,818 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Selection - Help

I notice you've asked the same question in the Salzburg and Innsbruck forums and many others! TripAdvisor has many sections and the hotel recommendation section is probably the best known. There are so many hotels in Vienna that we couldn't possibly check the facilities, prices and of course the availability for you. Please trawl through them yourself, make a short list of those that seem to fulfil your criteria and are available and maybe come back to us for final advice.

Edited: 29 May 2014, 16:33
Rugby, United...
Level Contributor
235 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Selection - Help

Hi there. Having trawled the internet recently I know how overwhelming the options are. The most central area is called inner stadt and is district 01. But obviously you will pay a premium for this postcode. I've been reassured that Vienna is a comparatively small city with excellent transport links so you don't need to be right in the centre. aall of the booking sites will let you filter your search by area, price and other options such as breakfast included, internet facilities etc. Happy hunting!

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
13,818 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Selection - Help

Caroline's right that it can be exhausting. But it can be so for us too especially if everyone looking for a hotel in Vienna wanted us to find the best available in their price range for their dates. But if a traveller puts up a short list we can then offer a recommendation.

4. Re: Hotel Selection - Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2015, 06:16