We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Museum?

Istanbul, Turkey
2 posts
Save Topic
Which Museum?

Which museum should I visit do you think in Vienna? Museum Quarter?, Leopord Museum or Albertina Museum? I am so confused. I m planning to visit Kuntsthistoisches Museum. I wanna see some famous art pieces not really in to modern art. And I have a limited budget. Thanks.

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
15,920 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Museum?

If you don't like modern art I'd go for the Kunsthistorisches Museum and either the Albertina (mainly graphics) or Belvedere (Austrian artists from mediaeval times up to Klimt and Schiele)

Florida
Level Contributor
2,219 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Museum?

Here's another vote for Belvedere (with the gardens, also), and check out the Secession, which has a permanent exhibition of works by Klimt.

www.secession.at/beethovenfries/index.html

https://www.google.com/search?q=secession+vienna+museum&espv=2&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=P-6eU8OVJOTgsASz9IGwCw&ved=0CDoQsAQ&biw=1280&bih=689

Thessaloniki, Greece
Destination Expert
for Thessaloniki
Level Contributor
1,471 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Museum?

Third vote for Belvedere!

Grigoris

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
27,880 posts
5,893 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Museum?

The Leopold (see link) has some nice Egon Schiele works and there is some nice Succession period works. The Belvedere (see link) is a great option for Klimt works. The Kuntsthistoisches is just a no-brainer for fine art! Its world-class!

Leopold Museum

tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS

Belvedere Museum

tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS

Kuntsthistoisches

tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS

Have a nice time seeing the art museums and collections in Vienna.

Istanbul, Turkey
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Museum?

Thank you heaps guys :)

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
279 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which Museum?

I thought the Globe museum was good value and very interesting at 4EUR.

It's unique but then i am into maps and globes!

7. Re: Which Museum?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2015, 05:16