We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Some help for our short visit-poor planning on my part!

Idaho Falls, Idaho
Destination Expert
for Idaho Falls
Level Contributor
604 posts
270 reviews
Save Topic
Some help for our short visit-poor planning on my part!

We're arriving with a car from Salzburg hopefully early afternoon on Thursday, 31 July. We plan to park at Hütteldorf, and then we catch the train to Budapest at noon the next day, for a 3 day visit. I regret my poor planning for such a short stop in Vienna, but to make the most, I have a few questions:

1) Can we purchase a 24hr transportation card at Hütteldorf or close by?

2) Since Hütteldorf is close to Schönbrunn Palace, thinking of going straight here after we park. How do we get to Schönbrunn Palace from Hütteldorf?

3) After Schönbrunn, need to get to our lodging: MEININGER Hotel Wien Hauptbahnhof,

Columbusgasse 16. How do we get to the hotel?

4) Early Friday morning, do we have time to go from our above listed hotel into the Old City for a little walking, then be able to get to either Westbanhof or Meidling to catch the 12:00 train to Budapest?

THANKS a bunch for any help with our crazy schedule! Any other suggestions or ideas are more than welcome!

Vienna
Level Contributor
4,869 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Some help for our short visit-poor planning on my part!

You can buy tickets in Huetteldorf U4 tube station.

There is a stop on U4 tube line called Schoennbrunn.

You should google Vienna city map.

Wien, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Some help for our short visit-poor planning on my part!

3) take the U4 till Karlsplatz - switch to U1 till Keplerplatz

4) take the U4 till karlsplatz or Stephansplatz or , explore Schloß Belvedere

5) take the U3 from Stephansplatz till Westbahnhof

3. Re: Some help for our short visit-poor planning on my part!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2015, 21:17