We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vienna weekly ticket.

malta
Level Contributor
130 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Vienna weekly ticket.

I will be in Vienna from Thursday afternoon till Sunday early evening,which ticket should I buy?

The 72 hr is to tight for me and it looks that there's not much difference in the price from the weekly ticket.These 2 types of tickets can be used all day or there is limit from when to start in the morning and ends in the evening?

Thanks

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
21,937 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vienna weekly ticket.

You cannot buy a weekly ticket, which is always issued for a calendary week (Monday till following Monday 09:00am), on a Thursday. As the "time gap" to cover isn't that great I would use a 72hrs pass and a regular single ticket either at the beginning or at the end of your stay.

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
14,752 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vienna weekly ticket.

Mikey what is the "last" day of the week you can buy a weekly ticket on?

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
21,937 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vienna weekly ticket.

I think it is Wednesday, but I am frankly not sure. Upon arrival the OP shall just see whether it is still available. But it is important to check, especially at ticket vending machines, whether a ticket for the following calendary week would be issued!

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
14,752 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vienna weekly ticket.

I've said for years that Wienerlinien should make the weekly ticket valid for one week from the time of first usage. As it is it often isn't very attractive for tourists.

Edited: 12 July 2014, 09:48
London, United...
Level Contributor
804 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vienna weekly ticket.

Not to but in because better people are speaking than me .. but in the event that

1. If there are two of you on this trip together OR

2. If you are returning to Vienna in the not too distant future ...

then consider an 8 day ticket. The perfect ticket for people who do not travel every day and do not wish to buy a new ticket every time they use public transport. It can be used for two people for 4 days, 8 people for one day .... or one person for two 4 day trips. It is a strip of 8 seperate day tickets that can be used or not daily. It's 38.40 euros. for a strip of 8 days of travel between as many or as few people you wish.

wienerlinien.at/eportal2/…-47382

Oxford, UK
Level Contributor
1,739 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vienna weekly ticket.

The weekly ticket for the current week is last available on Wednesday. I usually buy one but if I arrive on Thursday or later, I have to get one of the 24/48/72hr tickets for the rest of the week.

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
21,937 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Vienna weekly ticket.

I just had an idea! The weekly ticket can also be bought online and printed at home. Just be aware that you need an ID with any online ticket.

8. Re: Vienna weekly ticket.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 05:17