We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please Critique 4 nights/3 1/2 day itinerary

Which Vienna hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
new york
Level Contributor
135 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Please Critique 4 nights/3 1/2 day itinerary

Please critique the below "loose" itinerary: just want to make sure not doing too much daily, but trying to geographically organize days so that we can then be spontaneous daily with weather, etc.

We want most of all to be able to amble the streets, cafes, and museum highlights.

Have read so much about Wachau valley, that we hope to do a day trip : unless advised that it is not enough days to do so.

First time in Vienna

Fri: arrive afternoon from Budapest by train.

See Hofburg : Sisi ticket purchased in advance... Apartments, Silver, Sisi museum

concert at night or go up to Kahlenberg if weather good (and not tired) and visit Schuebel-Auer

heuriger

Sat: Nashmarkt in morning; then KHM and Upper Belvedere (highlights only)

concert evening

Sun: Wachau valley day trip; wander Vienna night

Mon.: Schonbrunn ;

SRO tickets (hopefully) for Tosca in evening

Tues: leave in morning

visit Library one day, cafes daily,

Staying next to Stephansdom: will be able to wander Frommer Walks ; no interest in the Prater

Please suggest any favorite places/experiences and feel free to totally critique /change my loose plan

thank you so much!

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
13,582 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please Critique 4 nights/3 1/2 day itinerary

If you've bought a Sisi ticket already then you need to squeeze the third attraction it covers, the Imperial Furniture Depository, at some point.

new york
Level Contributor
135 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please Critique 4 nights/3 1/2 day itinerary

thank you Norman!

No other opinions?

Main question was whether fitting in the day trip to Wachau valley too much to do in the time we are there?

BTW: we head via car to Prague via stop in Cesky Krumlov after Vienna... if that influences suggestions.

thank you for any other critique

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
27,046 posts
5,331 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please Critique 4 nights/3 1/2 day itinerary

>>>No other opinions?<<<

It doesn't seem that you are going to visit any of the impressive churches or museums in Vienna. This is also one of the finest cities in the world to take in a performance, something very much worth looking into.

Might be useful having a look at post 1 of the following thread for some attraction suggestions.

tripadvisor.com/…57458751

Enjoy your time in Vienna and Austria.

sicilia
Level Contributor
486 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please Critique 4 nights/3 1/2 day itinerary

Hello.

I suggest to include t the Kunsthistorisches Museum at least.

new york
Level Contributor
135 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Please Critique 4 nights/3 1/2 day itinerary

Thank you all!

I think my original use of initials must have been confusing...

KHM is the -Kunsthistorisches Museum, Belvedere is the museum as well as the Hofburg various museums

But thank you anyway for your concern that we were missing main sites

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
13,582 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Please Critique 4 nights/3 1/2 day itinerary

KHM is a well known abbreviation to those who know Vienna!

Quezon City...
Level Contributor
70 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Please Critique 4 nights/3 1/2 day itinerary

Unless you plan to spend a bit of time in each attraction, I think you may be able to squeeze in more places in your itinerary. I did Vienna over 3 days and covered more places (I broke it down to the palaces, musical attractions, museums and churches). I wrote down my itinerary in my blog, hope this can be of help: iwandered.net/2014/…

8. Re: Please Critique 4 nights/3 1/2 day itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 July 2015, 05:15