We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hurtigruten 9 June - Polarlys

Durban
Level Contributor
228 posts
198 reviews
Save Topic
Hurtigruten 9 June - Polarlys

Hi,

I've booked on the MS Polarlys from Alesund-Honnigsvag northbound on 9th June.

my ticket says it departs at 9.30am to Geiranger, but then returns to Alesund and leaves again at 6.45pm.

is there an option to stay longer in Alesund, and only board in the evening when the ship returns, and miss the Geiranger leg?

thanks Andrew

Scunthorpe, United...
Level Contributor
1,733 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hurtigruten 9 June - Polarlys

As far as I know, but you would have to discuss this with staff on reception. There is a self-scan ID machine checking people off/on which would need to know you were doing this - and you would want to make sure they remembered you in the evening!

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
58 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hurtigruten 9 June - Polarlys

Geiranger is really beautiful - so as long as the weather is OK (if you have not been there before) - I would not recommend missing thisd part of the trip.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
818 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hurtigruten 9 June - Polarlys

Anfield,

If I am reading this correctly you will be boarding the ship in Alesund?

If this is the case and the ship returns to Alusund at 6.45pm I see no reason why you can't board then. People board and leave at every stop no matter how short it is.

Check with Hurtigruten

Helen

Durban
Level Contributor
228 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hurtigruten 9 June - Polarlys

thanks for your quick responses.

I have been to Geiranger before, which is why I thought it might be an idea to spend the extra time in Alesund - but I already have 1 full day and 2 nights in Alesund, so maybe the trip is worth it.

I agree that Geiranger is especially beautiful.

I'll check with Hurtigruten anyway in advance, just so I know.

thanks

Andrew

5. Re: Hurtigruten 9 June - Polarlys

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2009, 10:17