We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how best to experience norway

Mdina, Malta
Level Contributor
916 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
how best to experience norway

cruise it, or the other way, the 'normal' way.

and when is the best time to visit the country

thanks in advance

London, uk
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: how best to experience norway

I was in Norway once. I drive with a car. Before that I was looking in internet favorite places in Norway and choose better place for me.

I was in Norway in July and weather was very nice, was raining only 2 days.

I've heard that in Norway the weather is very changeable

Oslo
Level Contributor
12,841 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how best to experience norway

Depends on your preferences and type of activities. Nature and landscape perhaps at its best in May and early June. Green and warm in the lowlands, while mountains still with snow. Days are long (20-24 hours daylight).

If you want to feel the winter, late February to early April is good.

Cruise is good, the coast and fjords are best seen from boat. But driving offers more variation and flexibility.

Larvik, Norway
Level Contributor
397 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how best to experience norway

If you would like to go to northern Norway I would have preferred august or september, it is a bit early to visit this part of the country in may/june, it can still be winter. But it depends of what you like.

4. Re: how best to experience norway

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 April 2010, 05:23