We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train and Hurtigruten Cruise

Wilmot, NH
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Train and Hurtigruten Cruise

We are planning a trip to Norway late May-early June. Would like to take the train from Oslo north to Boto....spend some time in Svolver/Stamsund(Lofoten islands) and then take a Hurtigruten cruise south to Bergen. Has anyone done this trip or part of this trip. Advice and suggestions, please

Oslo
Level Contributor
13,477 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train and Hurtigruten Cruise

Try to search these forums as there are many detailed reports about Hurtigruten.

At this time of year there is 24 hour daylight north of Trondheim.

Train is nice, about 10 hours from Trondheim to Bodø:

nsb.no/getfile.php/…B8.pdf

Trondheim railway:

nsb.no/getfile.php/…DSC_0114.jpg_300DPI.jpg

nsb.no/getfile.php/www.nsb.no/nsb.no/Bilder/…

nsb.no/getfile.php/…A5s.jpg_300DPI.jpg

Bodø railway:

Wilmot, NH
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train and Hurtigruten Cruise

Thanks so much for the train schedule and all the wonderful pictures showing both the trains and the amazing scenery.

Southport, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train and Hurtigruten Cruise

Hi there.

Make sure you get your reservations in for the Hurtigruten well in advance. We have been trying to book a port to port sector, but are having no luck in either direction in May. It appears to me that most of the berths are reserved or booked for people doing the full voyage either way, and anyone wishing to do a shorter sector should book as early as possible.

Wilmot, NH
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train and Hurtigruten Cruise

Thanks for the heads up. We will try and get something firmed up asap.

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
17 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Train and Hurtigruten Cruise

I haven't quite figured out how to post a message without making it as a reply to someone else's, so I apologize for not doing it 'the right way.' My question is regarding the birding excursion from the Hurtigruten voyage north. Has anyone done it? I'd like to know how 'successful' it is for seeing birds, before we sign up. Thanks! Sherri

6. Re: Train and Hurtigruten Cruise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2010, 05:23