We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seat reservations on Intercity trains

Crewe, United...
Level Contributor
49 posts
189 reviews
Save Topic
Seat reservations on Intercity trains

Do the Intercity trains in Norway have seat reservation indicators above the seats?

I have just booked from Oslo to Trondheim on the NSB website and appear to have been given an aisle seat desipte asking for a window.

Just wondered if it was easy to see where other seats are reserved from/to so I could perhaps find a window seat.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Norway
Norway
Europe
Oslo
Oslo
Eastern Norway, Norway
Trondheim
Trondheim
Trondheim Municipality, Norway
Stavanger, Norway
Destination Expert
for Western Norway, Stavanger
Level Contributor
7,487 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seat reservations on Intercity trains

I never seen seat reservation indicators above the seats on the trains in Norway. You can move to another seat, but will have to move again if someone has this seat reserved.

Mentioned in this post
Norway
Norway
Europe
Hønefoss Norway
Level Contributor
949 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seat reservations on Intercity trains

No seat reservation on any trains. On long-distance seats are assigned automatically when you book. MIght be possible, though, if you book by phone or buy at station.

3. Re: Seat reservations on Intercity trains

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 February 2011, 05:17