We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Norwegian Coastal Voyage

Bristol
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Topic
Norwegian Coastal Voyage

I am travelling on the Hurtigruten Coastal Voyage in early April from Bergen to Kirkenes, and was wondering if there are any excursions that anybody would recommend that fit in with the Hurtigruten's winter timetable. I'd be grateful for any ideas.

Southwest Desert
Level Contributor
140 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Norwegian Coastal Voyage

Sorry, I am not interested in seeing coastline or cities on this trip. Would you go to the Galapagos to see Santa Cruz? or the Alps to see Zermat? or the Reef to see Port Douglas? or the Grand Canyon to see Flagstaff? I find those natural wonders to be truly interesting and worth the effort to see. So a Norwegian Coastal Voyage isn't for me. I still want to see more of the Fjords and I think I can figure out how to do it without spending a week on the boat and maybe seeing one fjord.

There are some cities that I think are worth a journey. Ste Petersburg or Venice for instance. And there are some beautiful stretchs of coast in central California that are very inspiring.

To each his own.

Hønefoss Norway
Level Contributor
944 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Norwegian Coastal Voyage

Sausca:

Then I would recommend a car, there are so many lovely places to visit, and with a car you'll go where the 'ordinaries' don't. Would you be interested in a light mountain hike ?

Southwest Desert
Level Contributor
140 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Norwegian Coastal Voyage

No thank you, hikes aren't for us.

14. Re: Norwegian Coastal Voyage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2009, 04:18