We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Minipris tickets

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Topic
Minipris tickets

I am trying to buy minipris train tickets online -- so far with no luck. Although everything else is in English, when I go to the final screen to enter my credit card info, everything is in Norwegian and I'm getting an error message, "Kortet ble awist. Vennligst forsok med et annet kort." While my Norwegian dictionary has a few of these words, I can't figure out the overall meaning. I have been making up an 8-digit mobile number, so I don't think that's it. Anybody know what that means?

Trondheim, Norway
Destination Expert
for Trondheim
Level Contributor
4,341 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Minipris tickets

Google Translate and Bing Translator are always helpful with foreign webpages.

NSB and foreigh bookings are a sorry mix. Recently they also introduced added security to the booking process, something that excluded many foreign credit card as the issuers in many countries don't offer that layer of security (and without it you can't book at all). Read more about it here: nsb.no/our-tickets/3d-secure-article41035-43…

Now to your problem. Is your card blocked from foreign use? Most US card do have this block to prevent skimming and fraud. If so you need to call your bank and have them remove the block.

Easiest solution to book is to call NSB and book over the phone +47 815 00 888 (you can use Skype or something similiar to avoid international call rates).

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Minipris tickets

I had this problem. Card was blocked for foreign use. About a day later the bank called and asked if the charges should have been approved. The next day I tried again and everything worked fine.

3. Re: Minipris tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 June 2013, 06:15