We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how expensive

jaipur
Level Contributor
37 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
how expensive

I have bbeen told that Norway is very expensive for tourists.

Is it more than Japan/

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
26,372 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how expensive

Yes, for tourists I think Norway will be more expensive than Japan.

Trondheim, Norway
Destination Expert
for Trondheim
Level Contributor
4,510 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how expensive

It all depends. I've never been to Japan so can't really comment on prices there.

But Norway is quite expensive and especially the cost of eating out, drinking alcohol and hotels tend to pull money out of people's pockets.

But Norway is very easily done on the cheap as well. Train, bus and airline tickets can be gotten very cheap at times. There are plenty of cheap overnight options that are low in price and eating a hearty breakfast, light lunch and hitting buffet, Thai, Chinese, Middle-Eastern or similar restaurants for dinner (and sticking with tap water, which is of the highest quality) prices aren't that bad.

Luckily the best thing about Norway is free - the scenic nature.

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
21,615 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how expensive

Look up this link for Norway on a budget:

visitnorway.com/en/…

Oslo
Level Contributor
14,045 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: how expensive

Norway (and Oslo) is often listed as one of the more expensive places to visit, along with Japan, Switzerland, Singapore, as well as Sweden and Denmark.

5. Re: how expensive

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 January 2014, 06:16