We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Norway places to see with a 7 month old kid.

Belgium
Level Contributor
124 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Norway places to see with a 7 month old kid.

Hi, we plan to go to Norway in june and i have a 7 month old baby.. so can u suggest me some places tat will be feasible to travel and also enjoy with a 7 month old baby?i know hiking and trekking is gng to be difficult.. but wat else can be done.. like visiting a Fjord or something?? pls help.

Stavanger, Norway
Destination Expert
for Western Norway, Stavanger
Level Contributor
7,149 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Norway places to see with a 7 month old kid.

Which airport(s) are you arriving at and departing from? How many days will you stay in Norway?

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
27,971 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Norway places to see with a 7 month old kid.

You can go anywhere in Norway with a baby, except climbing the highest peaks. Perhaps consider renting a car and stay in a self catering cabin in one of the fjord areas. More manageable when travelling with a baby. Exactly where to go would depend on where you are flying to and how far you are willing to travel from this airport.

Edited: 13 April 2013, 08:53
Charmouth, United...
Level Contributor
2,452 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Norway places to see with a 7 month old kid.

It won't make any difference to the baby where you go or what you do, so the most important thing is to do what is easiest for you. I would strongly agree with Klimaflyktning, rent a car, stay in a comfortable cottage where you can easily take care of the child, you can relax and enjoy the view or make short day trips out for a picnic, or just go for local walks. A scenic boat trip like Balestrand to Fjaerland would also be enjoyable, with time to wander in delightful villages both ends.

Porto Alegre, Rio...
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Norway places to see with a 7 month old kid.

Hi nithi25, sharing your post as we are in the same situation. 7 month old kid, plus 3 years old girl. Arriving at Bergen on Apr,28, renting a car and flying back home on May,5, from Alesund. We intend to visit Hardangerfjord, Flam Railway, Sognefjord, Geirangerjord.

Need help to identify the scenic roads in this route, as we are not able to hike. Just having a look from the car window. And affraid about the closed roads in the Geirander area, as i've never drived in snow conditions (in fact i've never seen the snow falling!!:).

Edited: 14 April 2013, 08:54
Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
27,971 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Norway places to see with a 7 month old kid.

In late April/early May you need to be prepared for the fact that scenic mountain passes may be closed or offer difficult driving conditions. Make sure your car has winter tyres and do carry snow chains. You do not want to get stuck in freezing temepratures with a baby.

Ask the locals before heading out.

nasjonaleturistveger.no/en/sognefjellet#img1

Porto Alegre, Rio...
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Norway places to see with a 7 month old kid.

Sounds bad... And if I avoid these mountain passes, still the trip interesting? Or you recommend forget the car and take a cruise, train or sth, or yet revert to another destination and come back to Norway later??

Stavanger, Norway
Destination Expert
for Western Norway, Stavanger
Level Contributor
7,149 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Norway places to see with a 7 month old kid.

Ronaldo, we would like to give you advise. Please start your own thread instead of hijacking someone else's post. Your questions are not relevant to the original post.

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
27,971 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Norway places to see with a 7 month old kid.

It is a little early in the season and towards the end of May would be better for driving the scenic routes. Spring is late this year as well and there is still a lot of snow in the mountains.

Taking the train from Oslo to Bergen will take you up into the mountains without the hassle of driving. You can enjoy driving the Sognefjord area and the Hardangerfjord area in late April, but venturing into the mountains could be a challenge.

Porto Alegre, Rio...
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Norway places to see with a 7 month old kid.

Klimaflyktning,

thanks for your advice. I´m flying to Bergen, and back from Alesund. So, I will stay more at Sognefjord and Hardangerfjord areas, and avoid mountain passes. Still need to drive to Alesund to take my flight back.

Pippi2,

sorry if I broke any rule for this forum. Just thought it was better to find a similar thread than starting a new one. Will be starting my own thread soon. Thanks!!

Belgium
Level Contributor
124 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Norway places to see with a 7 month old kid.

Hi All,

Thanks a lot for your replies. We plan to reach Rygge and then drive from there by renting a car. We plan to stay in Norway for 6 days.

1. So I can go to Bergen and drive around?

2. Is it feasible to visit the pulpit rock with my kid?