We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

6 day driving and hotel trip from Oslo

Doha
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Topic
6 day driving and hotel trip from Oslo

Hi Everyone,

My wife and I are planning a 6 day driving trip in early July starting from and ending in Oslo. I suspect we will stay around the south west part of the country in places like Stavanger.

Can you provide us with some tips on making this trip as best as possible - where to go, what places to see and stay, etc.

What about hotels or accomodations? Would we need to book them in advance or could we reasonably expect to roll into an area and find a nice place to stay. We would like to mix it up a bit maybe even stopping for a full day in some places.

Thanks for all your comments, we really appreciate them.

Stavanger, Norway
Destination Expert
for Western Norway, Stavanger
Level Contributor
6,615 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 6 day driving and hotel trip from Oslo

Prebooking accomodation is essential to make sure you have a night to sleep. You are visiting during the high season and I suspect many places are already fully booked, hence it may affect your plans.

Note driving in Norway is slow and 6 days limits your options to cover a large area.

You may want to take look at scenic driving options here:

http://www.nasjonaleturistveger.no/en

2. Re: 6 day driving and hotel trip from Oslo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2014, 07:17