We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Norway itinerary

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Norway itinerary

Hello,

I am flying in to Bergen on the 2nd of November and planning to travel to Oslo by rail on the 3rd. I need to be in Helsinki by the 8th so will probably only have 2 full days to explore oslo.

Can anyone recommend the best things to see and do on a budget? Open to day trips as well!

Also I keep hearing that November is the worst time to visit - I didn't really have too much flexibility to book though. Will early Nov be ok for sightseeing?

Thanks so much :)

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
27,123 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Norway itinerary

In November days are getting shorter and there is high risk of rain or sleet. You do not say if you are coming in early or late November - that would make a difference regarding daylight.

You can do all sorts of city sightseeing and museums. I do not think there are any sightseeing buses or boat trips out of season.

Please study the official web site for ideas of what to see and do according to your interests.

visitoslo.com/en/…

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Norway itinerary

Thanks so much for your response. We fly into Bergen on the 2nd of November. Will this make a difference? Particularly to the rail journey from Bergen?

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
27,123 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Norway itinerary

A reasonable chance to get the rail journey within the daylight hours, less chance of sleet.

Forecasts and web cam for Finse, the highest point on the Bergen railway. You can do a similar search for Bergen and Oslo. Forecast includes sunrise and sunset.

www.yr.no/place/Norway/Hordaland/Ulvik/Finse/

Edited: 29 October 2013, 07:43
4. Re: Norway itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 October 2014, 05:19