We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Toilets on buses??

UK
Level Contributor
420 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Toilets on buses??

I've just realised that some of our bus trips are 5 or 6 hours, and wondering if they do toilets stops or if there are toilets on board? We''ll be using the Moskenes to Svalvaer route, and Svalvaer to Narvik.

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
27,097 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Toilets on buses??

There are normally interchange points with a petrol station/inn/café which also serve as toilet stops. I cannot really remember if the buses have toilets.

UK
Level Contributor
420 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Toilets on buses??

Ok, thanks for your reply.

I'm hoping someone will know for sure as this could be a big problem for my son. When he needs to go he needs to go so if the stops are at hourly (or longer) intervals he's going to have an uncomfortable time during the long bus journeys, or not be able to drink much!

In the UK public buses don't have toilets but they're very short journeys within individual towns or cities, for traveling to other towns (more than around an hour journey) it's always on coaches that have toilets.

Stavanger, Norway
Destination Expert
for Western Norway, Stavanger
Level Contributor
7,099 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Toilets on buses??

It will depend on the bus on the day I think. There are no guarantees there will be toilets onboard. Perhaps consider renting a car if frequent toilet breaks are needed?

Charmouth, United...
Level Contributor
2,452 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Toilets on buses??

In my experience there is normally a toilet on board long distance express buses. There would also be a toilet at any town bus station on the route, so even if there is no scheduled break there you would be able to use it during the brief stop. Just tell the driver that you are going to do so. Scheduled breaks in timetables on long journeys are to allow passengers to have a meal.

Edited: 26 January 2014, 12:47
UK
Level Contributor
420 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Toilets on buses??

Thanks for the replies, I also had a reply from the bus company confirming there is a toilet on all Lofoten Express buses.

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
27,097 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Toilets on buses??

Then we know for future reference. Thank you.

7. Re: Toilets on buses??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2015, 05:18