We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Osto To Paris with 1.5 hours before flight departs - doable?

Cedarburg, Wisconsin
6 posts
Save Topic
Osto To Paris with 1.5 hours before flight departs - doable?

I have a flight that I already booked from Oslo to Paris that departs at 5:30. Our trip ends up in Bergen so in order to save some time, I will be flying from Bergen to Oslo. My flight options are, depart Bergen at Noon arrive in Oslo at 1 PM (total time between both airports approx. 6.5 hours), or depart Bergen at 3 arrive in Oslo at 4 PM (total time between both airports approx. 3.5 hours).

Obviously I'd prefer the latter option, so my question is if I arrive at Oslo airport at 4 PM, is it likely that I would make my flight that departs at 5:30? I've never been through the Oslo airport. I don't know how big it is, or if it is busy, or slow...

Thank you in advance for your advice!

Oslo
Destination Expert
for Norway, Oslo
Level Contributor
13,221 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Osto To Paris with 1.5 hours before flight departs - doable?

Date? day of week? Around 16:00-17:30 hours on a weekday out of holiday season is going to be busy.

So you have to disembark, collect baggage, check in and go through security and get to gate 20-30mins before flight time and you are gambling on the flight from Bergen not being late. It's possible but 1 1/2 hours is very very tight with no room for delays, queues and other problems.

The consequence of you missing the flight will be buying a new ticket at walk up price - are there later flights? Maybe also staying overnight in Oslo?

You need to allow maybe 30 - 45mins to disembark and get baggage and then the standard 2 hours for international check-in even though most of the time you get through much quicker.

Check your travel insurance conditions - is there a minimum delay or minimum transfer time before compensation for missed flight kicks in?

Edited: 01 April 2014, 22:59
Cedarburg, Wisconsin
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Osto To Paris with 1.5 hours before flight departs - doable?

Thank you for your reply. Wednesday, June 18.

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
27,353 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Osto To Paris with 1.5 hours before flight departs - doable?

Will Bergen-Oslo and Oslo-Paris be on the same airline ?

Trondheim, Norway
Destination Expert
for Trondheim
Level Contributor
4,652 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Osto To Paris with 1.5 hours before flight departs - doable?

The 17:25 departure to Paris is with Norwegian to Paris-Orly. Both Norwegian and SAS have a 15:00 departure from Bergen, arriving at Oslo Airport 16:50 and 16:55.

I would call Norwegian and see if it's possible to add the Bergen-Oslo flight onto your Oslo-Orly booking, there will most certainly be a extra fee for this and the connection fee will be added, but you will then be more protected should the first flight be delayed.

Me I would take a much earlier flight to Oslo, giving me at least 4-5 hours to make the next flight.

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
27,353 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Osto To Paris with 1.5 hours before flight departs - doable?

Go to Norwegian web-site, log in, find your booking and change it from Oslo-Paris to Bergen-Paris, it can be done for a fee. This way you can have your luggage checked through, no security in Oslo and if you miss your flight you will be put on the next available. Worst case you will be stuck in Oslo till the next day at your own expense, but normally 90 minutes is plenty at OSL for getting you from one gate to another.

Cedarburg, Wisconsin
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Osto To Paris with 1.5 hours before flight departs - doable?

Yes - Norwegian air

Cedarburg, Wisconsin
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Osto To Paris with 1.5 hours before flight departs - doable?

Thank you for your replies - we decided to book the earlier flight. It's a wasted 3 hours at the airport but at least there will be no stress. Thanks!

8. Re: Osto To Paris with 1.5 hours before flight departs - doable?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 April 2015, 06:16