We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sleeper compartments on the Bodo to Trondheim route

Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
Sleeper compartments on the Bodo to Trondheim route

Hi

We are 2 adults and 2 children (aged 5 and 9). Will we need 2 compartments on the sleeper train from Bodo to Trondheim or is 1 big enough? The website says that a compartment sleeps 2 adults and 2 small children, but it also says it has only 2 berths, so I'm not sure.

Also, is the 850 price a set price? Or is it more expensive at busier times of year? We're trying to gauge how much it could cost us at this coming New Year (1st/2nd Jan).

Also, if we need 2 compartments, are they interconnecting or separate?

Thanks!

Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Sleeper compartments on the Bodo to Trondheim route

Great, thanks again for your time and help - I will be on the ball!

Charmouth, United...
Level Contributor
2,452 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Sleeper compartments on the Bodo to Trondheim route

Reply 5 says you are driving from Narvik to Bodo. Why not take the bus and save yourself the rental cost and one way charge?. Much better to let someone else drive at this time of year too.

Better still if you have time, take the bus from Narvik down to Svolvaer in Lofoten and spend your time there in a cosy fisherman's cabin, then take a short flight to Bodo to catch the train.

Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Sleeper compartments on the Bodo to Trondheim route

Hi, I do fancy looking at Lofoten area so will check that out, thanks!

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
27,353 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Sleeper compartments on the Bodo to Trondheim route

Here is a trip report from this winter

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g190455-i550-k7241…

15. Re: Sleeper compartments on the Bodo to Trondheim route

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 April 2015, 05:16