We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Norway in a Nutshell tours

Zephyr Cove, Nevada
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Norway in a Nutshell tours

I am traveling in July to Scandanavia and am thinking about doing NIN but I only have 4 nights and 3 days. What would I be missing if I did rt NIN Bergen as opposed to one way oslo to Bergen? Other things I want to do is the hike to Pulpit Rock and/or Kjerag and a short boat ride through fjiord. Your input is much appreciated.

Oslo
Destination Expert
for Norway, Oslo
Level Contributor
12,976 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Norway in a Nutshell tours

3 days is pretty tight. You could do NiN either from Oslo-Bergen or as a round trip from Bergen. The round trip misses a bit of the scenic railway over the mountains west of Myrdal . But includes enough scenery to keep most people happy. The NiN includes the boat ride on the Nærøyfjord.

You'll need a day to get between Bergen and Stavanger and then a day for either Pulpit Rock or Kjerag. You won't have time for both unless you really start early and do Pulpit rock on the same day as you travel to Stavanger.

Stavanger, Norway
Destination Expert
for Western Norway, Stavanger
Level Contributor
7,099 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Norway in a Nutshell tours

I don't think you miss much if you do the round trip from Bergen instead of one way Oslo-Bergen. The round trip may also be more relaxed as you don't have to drag along your luggage. The NiN includes a spectacular fjord cruise on Nærøyfjorden, which will satisfy your desire for a boat ride through a fjord.

There will also be fjord scenery when catching the bus from Bergen to Stavanger (includes two car ferry crossings with nice viewing decks for passengers).

Plus you will cross a fjord with ferry when going from Stavanger to the Pulpit Rock lodge.

The Kjerag hike is quite demanding and I don't think you have time to both the Pulpit Rock and Kjerag with your limited time in the country. If Kjerag and Pulpit Rock are the highest priority, then go straight from Stockholm to Stavanger and skip NiN and Bergen.

http://www.tidereiser.com/Hikingtour-Kjerag

Zephyr Cove, Nevada
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Norway in a Nutshell tours

Thank you once again! I think I've decided to fly from Stockholm to Bergen and do the RT NIN from there then bus early next am to Stavanger for a transfer to PR Lodge. Spend the night and hike PR the next day and on to Stavanger for our last night in Norway. I appreciate so much your help in that. I know I won't be disappointed! Hopefully the weather cooperates too. Curious if you recommend tideriser over other means of getting to and from. If u are ever in Tahoe or Maui Id love to show you around!!

Stavanger, Norway
Destination Expert
for Western Norway, Stavanger
Level Contributor
7,099 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Norway in a Nutshell tours

Tide and Boreal have the same quality of sevice as far as I know when it comes to transport to/from PR lodge.

5. Re: Norway in a Nutshell tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 April 2015, 06:16