We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itenary Help

Singapore, null...
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Itenary Help

Greetings to all,

I am considering to travel to Norway on 28th May (Night) and be back in Switzerland by 1st June (Evening).

First of all I’ve almost zero knowledge about Norway. Can any kind person advise on an itenary?

My budget is pretty flexible, I am an amputee with moderate walking speed, hate slopes but will face it if need be. My aim is just to enjoy the scenery, especially the northern lights. Which part of Norway would fit this? It would basically a trip to relax and have a peace of mind and appreciate life. If it is not the right time to do what I want, I will travel there on another set of date then.

Thanks and regards to all….appreciate your time.

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
28,566 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itenary Help

I think you need to do some more research as Norway is huge (2500 km from south to north and nearly 10 times as large as Switzerland). You need darkness to observe the northern lights - in late May there is midnight sun and 24 hour daylight beyond the arctic circle.

www.visitnorway.com/uk/…

Singapore, null...
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Itenary Help

Thank you. I guess it is the wrong period to travel for the main purpose then!

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
28,566 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itenary Help

Yes, for the NL I would suggest September at the earliest. Around the equinox and later it is definitely dark enough.

Oslo
Level Contributor
15,004 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Itenary Help

Late May is still a great time to visit Norway, weather is pleasent and there is endless daylight. But 3 days is very limited time, you need to plan careful to include the most scenery (for instance what city to fly into).

5. Re: Itenary Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2015, 05:21