We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flam to Gjendesheim

Darom
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Topic
Flam to Gjendesheim

Hello everyone,

Im planning a trip to norway and i need to get from Flam to Gjendesheim.

So far i only found one bus that goes on Friday mornings.

I was hoping to find some sort of evening or night bus or something on the 28th of August.

Does anyone know of such option ?

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
27,381 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flam to Gjendesheim

Gjendesheim is a mountain refuge located in the wilderness. There is only one option getting there from Flåm - via Fagernes and Beitostølen with two changes.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
7,332 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flam to Gjendesheim

There are no night buses on this leg and Friday is the only day of the week when it is possible to do the trip in one day. The quickest connection is travelling from Flåm Friday at 1415 with changes in Lærdal, Årdalstangen and Fagernes arriving Gjendesheim at 2049.

The alternative is to travel from Flåm Thursday at 1415, arr. Fagernes 1842, stay overnight at Fagernes and travel to Gjendesheim next morning 0800.

Check the travel planner at www.nor-way.no and the time table for local buses Fagernes-Gjendesheim rutebok.no/nriiisstatictables/…05-305.htm

Edited: 12 June 2014, 12:33
Darom
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Flam to Gjendesheim

Thanks everyone !

Very helpful as always :)

4. Re: Flam to Gjendesheim

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 June 2015, 05:16