We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hellesylt to Geiranger car ferry in August

Paris, France
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hellesylt to Geiranger car ferry in August

Hi!

We plan to take the car ferry from Hellesylt en route to Geiranger on August 1 (Friday) afternoon. We are not sure about the exact time when we will be there. Is it necessary to book the car ferry beforehand or can it be done as and when we arrive at Hellesylt?

Mentioned in this post
Geiranger
Geiranger
Stranda, Norway
Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
30,641 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hellesylt to Geiranger car ferry in August

It is really hard to tell as the amount of cars will be different from one day to another. It is a tourist ferry, so local Friday traffic hardly matter. Beginning of August is still peak season though. I suggest you take down the phone number for the ferry and call them when you know approximately when you will arrive at the dock.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hellesylt to Geiranger car ferry in August

Thanks for the tip!

Charmouth, United...
Level Contributor
2,482 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hellesylt to Geiranger car ferry in August

You can now book Tourist Route ferries online.

fjord1.no/eng/…geiranger-hellesylt2 . Use Buy Tickets on the right side menu.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hellesylt to Geiranger car ferry in August

Thanks, i don't know beforehand the timing when i would arrive at Hellesylt yet. I will call them up as suggested by klimaflyktning.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hellesylt to Geiranger car ferry in August

Just wanted to inform there was no problem without pre booking. Just rode upto the ferry, stood in line, paid, and got in.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
97 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hellesylt to Geiranger car ferry in August

thanks! did you manage to get on the next available ferry or did you have to wait for the next next one?

Paris, France
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hellesylt to Geiranger car ferry in August

We got into the first ferry which set off. There's plenty of room for cars in those ferries.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hellesylt to Geiranger car ferry in August

I am planing to go on this July 15 & intended to book in advance through frojd 1 website, but it seem the only option available is from Flam area to Geiranger. No available for Hellesylt to Geiranger. Is it the only option is we have to get our tickets when we arrived the pier ? We will be going with a car, hence worry no slot for us.

Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Flam
Flam
Aurland Municipality, Norway
Geiranger
Geiranger
Stranda, Norway
Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
30,641 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hellesylt to Geiranger car ferry in August

There is no ferry at all from Flåm to Geiranger. It is a bit of a pain finding the right link for the Hellesylt-Geiranger ferry, but here it is:

https:/…showdetails

Edited: 19 March 2015, 06:29
Mentioned in this post
Geiranger
Geiranger
Stranda, Norway
10. Re: Hellesylt to Geiranger car ferry in August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 March 2016, 04:15