We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Non-city lodging in Northern Norway

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Brandon, South...
2 posts
Save Topic
Non-city lodging in Northern Norway

My husband and I are planning a trip to Norway. We would like to stay somewhere away from towns/lights that would have a good view of the sky (northern sky at least). It does not need to be fancy - just somewhere to eat, sleep, and bathe. Internet would be a huge plus. Can anyone tell me how to find such a place? I thought a motor home might be ideal, but I've heard comments that the price is terribly high. If someone differs on that, feel free to provide info, but we want to be in the far NORTH, so renting in Oslo is not an option. Thanks!!

Stavanger, Norway
Destination Expert
for Western Norway, Stavanger
Level Contributor
7,248 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Non-city lodging in Northern Norway

At what time of the year are you planning on visiting Norway? Why do you want to go far north - what is it you would like to experience?

Brandon, South...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Non-city lodging in Northern Norway

Early October -- Mostly looking to see the aurora borealis, but highly interested in wildlife and scenery as well.

Charmouth, United...
Level Contributor
2,452 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Non-city lodging in Northern Norway

Nearly all accommodation in Tromso and the surrounding area is listed at www.visittromso.no . There are several options outside the city. You will probably want to rent a car to make the most of your stay.

You could also look for self-catering holiday homes at www.dancenter.com or www.novasol.com .

4. Re: Non-city lodging in Northern Norway

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2014, 06:22