We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

This is wrong information, TripAdvisor!

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Tromso, Norway
Level Contributor
4,853 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
This is wrong information, TripAdvisor!

On the head text for Northern Norway you have set in this text now: "Home to both the midnight sun (with constant daylight from April to July) and the northern lights (best seen in October, February and March)..."

Who says the Northern lights is best to see in October, February and March only..!??

Just for yours information the NL season goes from August to April, and what we need for a good display is dark nights, clear sky and activity from the sun...

So, it`s only the sun who can tell which night who will be the best one, and as I know, there`s no phone lines to the sun...

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
24,515 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: This is wrong information, TripAdvisor!

Sorry GG, cannot see this at all, but perhaps it is taken care of by my ad-block. No use posting on the discussion forum, you need to contact TA support. Or maybe those who have paid for the ad on the grounds of misleading marketing ?

Tromso, Norway
Level Contributor
4,853 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: This is wrong information, TripAdvisor!

It's not an ad, it's on the public page for NN, so when it's there I think it's totally right to tell all people who read it.

I have if course sent a notice to TA support too!

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
24,515 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: This is wrong information, TripAdvisor!

OK, found it now

tripadvisor.co.uk/Tourism-g190464-Northern_N…

Tromso, Norway
Level Contributor
4,853 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: This is wrong information, TripAdvisor!

Then I got an answer back from TA:

Thanks for contacting TripAdvisor and for taking the time to report this to us. We have escalated your email to our site editors to make that page better. They said they would take a look and make some changes which will go live next week. Thanks again for letting us know!

Kind Regards, Jeanine, TripAdvisor Support Team

5. Re: This is wrong information, TripAdvisor!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2015, 07:16