We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lofoten - Vesterålen - Senja

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Tromso, Norway
Level Contributor
5,455 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Lofoten - Vesterålen - Senja

Just for yours information, I am now taking the ferry from Bodø to Moskenes, and will spend the next days on a drive in Lofoten, then to Vesterålen and Senja.

So, if you have some needs of fresh information from this lovely area on this planet, please ask some questions and I will see if I can find the answer on our way.

If you want to have a chat over a cup of coffee, you will easy see us..;)

Charmouth, United...
Level Contributor
2,452 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Lofoten - Vesterålen - Senja

Your comments on the situation with roadworks just north of Hamnoy and its effect on visitors in high season would be welcome.

Tromso, Norway
Level Contributor
5,455 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lofoten - Vesterålen - Senja

The road are night closed between 11 pm to 1 am, and from 2 am to 5.30 am, until August 17th, 2014!

Charmouth, United...
Level Contributor
2,452 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Lofoten - Vesterålen - Senja

I heard there were long delays to get through these roadworks during the day in June. What is the reality there now?

Tromso, Norway
Level Contributor
5,455 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lofoten - Vesterålen - Senja

After a nice lunch and a greater carrot cake at Bringen Blomster in Reine, plus some photo stop when we passing Sakrisøy and Hamnøy, I will take the time when we passing the road work...

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
226 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Lofoten - Vesterålen - Senja

We were there in mid June and the roadworks weren't too bad - just had to wait around 10-15 minutes before it was our side's turn to go through following the "ledebil". That was before Norwegian school holidays so maybe it's busier now? I prefer the Norwegian way of doing roadworks - would much rather be stationary with the engine off and then move on than inch forward for ages as in the UK.

Tromso, Norway
Level Contributor
5,455 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lofoten - Vesterålen - Senja

The sign say: "expect 15 mins...", but when we came it was a queue and we waited 20 mins.

So, I guess it can take between 10-30 mins, but the view is amazing, so who care..;)

By the way, because of the view they will montage glas walls along where they build the avalanche shelters..;)

Tromso, Norway
Level Contributor
5,455 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lofoten - Vesterålen - Senja

Came home on Saturday, and can inform you about this;

Ferry from Andenes, Vesterålen to Gryllefjord, Senja have no cafè on board, and the trip take 95 minutes.

And when we passed on the ferry from Botnhamn, Senja to Brensholmen, Kvaløya, they used a smaller ferry than normal, so no café on this either, but they served coffee..;) And since the ferry was smaller, it was close to not all cars in the queue fit in...

Not sure where the larger ferry are, but probably they have done a switch for another ferry who are on service...

8. Re: Lofoten - Vesterålen - Senja

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 July 2015, 05:15