We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tromso to Svalbard

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Brighton
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Tromso to Svalbard

Im thinking of going up to Tromso for midsummer. Flights from the UK via Oslo are really good value. Question is, is there much to do in Tromso? and also I know you can fly from there to Svalbard. would this be an option for a short add on?

Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
401 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tromso to Svalbard

It depends on what you like! Tromsø is surrounded by beautiful nature, and the opportunities for hiking and other outdoors activities are simply excellent. You can go whale watching from Tromsø if that's your thing... and a trip with the cable car up to mount Storsteinen is a must - great views of the town and surroundings. The town itself is small, but there are some museums etc worth visiting, and the number of cafes, pubs and restaurants is surprisingly large.

Yes, you can fly to Svalbard from Tromsø - and sure, some days on Svalbard could be an option! (The flight Tromsø - Svalbard and accommodation on Svalbard isn't terribly cheap though.)

Feel free to check out my Tromsø pages on Virtual Tourist, members.virtualtourist.com/m/878cd/33699/ - travel tips and photos.

Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
401 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tromso to Svalbard

Sorry, I forgot to give you this link:

http://destinasjontromso.no/

Oh, and I should also mention that in June, you'll of course get a chance to experience the midnight sun (well, unless it's raining...:-p ) - the best way to enjoy the midnight sun is, in my opinion, to find a nice little beach, bring barbecue gear, wine and some good company - and watch the sun never set... :o) Ahhh lovely...and only two more months to go!;o)

Utrecht
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Tromso to Svalbard

heyhey, jeg går også til tromsø på 30 april

srry for my terrible norwegian, im not norwegian so..

but seems fun tromsø, cant wait to go

HA DET CYAAA THERE:)

og jeg vil også til svalbard

Utrecht
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Tromso to Svalbard

heyhey, jeg går også til tromsø på 30 april

srry for my terrible norwegian, im not norwegian so..

but seems fun tromsø, cant wait to go

HA DET CYAAA THERE:)

og jeg vil også til svalbard

5. Re: Tromso to Svalbard

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 18:20
Get answers to your questions about Hammerfest
More Hammerfest Topics